Road Traffic Accident Claims
If you have been involved in a road traffic accident and it was not your fault, then you could be entitled to make a claim for compensation.
Our Solicitors can help you make a no win no fee claim for compensation.
You may have been involved in a road traffic accident in the following situations:
- The driver of a vehicle (such as a car, van, bus, lorry) involved in a road accident caused by another driver.
- The rider of a motorcycle/motorbike or as a passenger involved in a motorbike accident.
- A passenger in a vehicle involved in a road traffic accident caused by either the driver of the vehicle you were travelling in or by another driver, e.g. passenger in a taxi, passenger on a bus or travelling in a friend's car.
- A pedestrian or a cyclist hit by a vehicle.
Examples of compensation amounts awarded for injuries suffered from a car accident:
- Minor Whiplash Injury - up to £4,250*
- Moderate Whiplash Injury - up to £7,750*
- Severe Neck Injury - up to £82,000*
* Please note these figures are estimates of what is commonly awarded for similar injuries.
For more information please visit the compensation guide to find out how much compensation you could expect for your injury.
Injuries from road traffic accidents
A common injury from a road traffic accident is Whiplash, which is caused by a sudden and unexpected jolt, for example from your car being hit from behind. Some common symptoms for whiplash include neck pain, headaches, shoulder pain, back pain, loss of feeling in arms or hands and dizziness. It is advisable to seek medical advice from your GP or local hospital as soon as possible following any injury.
Even if the driver at fault is a family member or friend you can still make a personal injury claim, as all legal actions will be directed at their respective insurance company, not them personally. Your personal injury lawyer will be able to give you further advice on this.
If you have been the victim of a ‘hit and run’ or injured by an uninsured driver, then you may still be able to claim compensation.
Click on the compensation guide to find out how much compensation you could expect for your injury.
Call us now on 0800 567 7866