£17,000, OTE £20,900
Full-time (flexible working arrangements may be considered)
First4lawyers is a thriving organisation, specialising in the full range of legal services underpinned by our background gained in personal injury and clinical and medical negligence law.
If you are serious about kick-starting your law career then First4lawyers is the place to be. We are committed to developing our team to deliver a first class service and are proud to hold the Investors in People Gold standard award. Not only do we work hard, we also offer a great place to work, with dress-down days each month, breakfast mornings and ‘feet up Fridays’ we ensure there is a balance between hard work and fun. Team work is important to us, and we offer days and meals out as a company to help to create this bond.
Receiving numerous coveted industry awards we have been recognised as the Claims Management Company of the Year in 2012, 2013 and 2015 as well as Claims Management Team of the Year 2015 and Marketing Campaign of the Year 2015.
We are the UK’s largest independent legal marketing collective. With a justified reputation for quality, our ethical practices have seen us attract a panel of over 50 law firms containing many of the country’s top 100 practices. We have a clear vision to be the UK’s number one legal services provider.
First4lawyers, Permanent House, 1 Dundas Street, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire HD1 2HE
Located in Huddersfield town centre, we are conveniently located close to the motorway network and within walking distance of the railway station meaning we are within easy commuting distance of Leeds, Wakefield, Sheffield, Bradford, Dewsbury, Halifax, York and Manchester
About the role
We are seeking to expand our claims team to continue our record of success and growth. Successful applicants will work as members of a supportive team and will manage new client claims. Initially focused on personal injury related claims, the position will also offer opportunities to develop into other areas of the law as we continue to expand our wide range of consumer focused legal services. The role involves;
- Responding to a consistently high volume of personal injury enquiries (relating to potential Road Traffic Accident, Employers Liability, Public Liability and Clinical/Medical Negligence claims) over the phone;
- Evaluating the legal issues relating to those enquiries;
- Identifying the enquiries which meet our strict criteria and introducing those clients to our specialist panel solicitors;
- Enhancing the customer experience with First4lawyers.
- In addition to achieving set key performance targets for both the team and individually, the successful applicants will ensure that all enquiries are handled in accordance with service level agreements and Claims Management Regulations.
About the successful candidates
The successful candidates must demonstrate a record of achievement against the following criteria;
- Law degree, postgraduate Diploma in Legal practice or an equivalent qualification
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (DESIRABLE)
- Experience of assessing or handling personal injury claims within a claims management / legal services environment
- Experience of working in a target-driven and client-focused environment
- A commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Ability to engage with customers and colleagues
- Display excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and objective under pressure
- Ability to build rapport and empathise with clients
- Be self-motivated, confident and proactive
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Ability to organise and prioritise work
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Display an attention to detail
- Be professional and friendly at all times
- Ability to talk on the phone whilst simultaneously recording information on a case management system
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office package, especially Word and Excel
- Ability to solve problems and use own initiative
- Excellent keyboard / typing skills
Successful candidates will also be able to demonstrate their personal behaviour and approach matches First4lawyers’ values as outlined below;
Quality - we are committed to delivering excellence in everything we do. The quality of our work exceeds expectations;
- You will be driven to deliver, go the extra mile and be open to learning and continual self-development
Professionalism - at First4lawyers we do what we say. We are knowledgeable, organised and efficient and work hard to ensure we go the extra mile for our clients
- You will be proactive and do what you say. You will be a role model and able to ‘grasp the nettle’
Respect - we value and support our client and our colleagues and treat everyone with dignity and respect
- You will listen to others and value diversity
Integrity - we work with the utmost integrity and accountability. Our stated values are reflected in our day to day behaviours. We set the standards in the industry and we do not cold call
- You will be open and honest, approachable, fair and reasonable
Client focus - we put the client first. We are passionate about what we do. We are committed to learning about our clients and their businesses so that we can add real value
- You will value our clients and be able to build effective partnerships
Team work - at First4lawyers we work as one team to deliver excellent results
- You will be collaborative in your approach, share ideas and help colleagues to achieve targets and goals
What happens next?
If you’re interested in working with us and want to develop your career further in an exciting and rewarding environment, please apply by emailing a covering letter and CV, telling us what you will bring to this role to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note however that due to the volume of applications we receive, if you haven’t heard from us within four weeks, you should unfortunately assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
First4lawyers is an equal opportunities employer and treats applications solely on merit.