What is contract and civil litigation?
It’s where one person takes legal action wanting something other than a criminal sentence against another person or a company - usually money or a service. Whether you need to settle a debt, take someone to court for using an idea without permission, or seek damages for defamation or discrimination, our litigation solicitors can help.
- Contract disputes – We’re ready to fight your corner when it comes to disagreements about what a contract does and doesn’t state.
- Defamation actions – Whether a false statement is written (libel) or spoken (slander), if it’s damaging to a person’s reputation, we can seek a retraction or even compensation.
- Discrimination litigation – Taking legal action either when you’ve been the victim of, or accused of discrimination requires the experience and expertise of litigation solicitors like ours.
- Debt settlement – If you owe or are owed money but can’t come to a resolution with the other party, we can try and get the best possible resolution for you.
- Intellectual property litigation – This can be as simple as using copyrighted photos without permission, all the way to big-business patent infringement. We’re certain we’ll be able to help you, whether you want to take action or defend against it.
- Small claims court – When making a small claim (up to £10,000), your chances of success could be increased and the risk of error reduced if you draw on specialist knowledge like ours.
- Boundary disputes – Whether it’s next door encroaching on your back garden, or something that involves far higher stakes, we understand the importance of protecting your boundaries.
- Consumer protection – As a customer you have many rights, but with constant changes to legislation and new precedents, it’s hard to know if you can take action. That’s why we’re here.
- Defective construction – When you pay for something to be built, you expect everything to be as it should. If it doesn’t, you’re well within your rights to take legal action.
- Personal bankruptcy – If someone isn’t able to pay off their debts, bankruptcy could be the best option. To find out how to do it and about any implications, get in touch with our experts.
If you use our Request a Call Back Form above, one of our experts will contact you at a time to suit you. They’ll discuss all the details to get a better picture of the circumstances and be able to advise you on what to do next.
Why Choose First4lawyers?
What do you need to know about contract and civil litigation?
How does First4lawyers select solicitors for its panel?
We screen all solicitors working with us by checking their credentials and qualifications and ensuring that they are in good standing with the Law Society. We pride ourselves on our Standards of Service and, as such, every solicitor on our panel must abide by our high standards.
Will my details be kept confidential?
Yes, any information you provide us with will be kept confidential. The only people who will have access to any of the details you give us are our solicitors, all of whom are pre-screened.
The facts about contract and civil litigation
Need a hand? First4lawyers will:
Review your legal requirements for free
Recommend the most appropriate legal solution based on your personal needs
Give you a competitive quote if any work needs to be paid for
We provide a friendly, approachable personal law service
We have won numerous awards for our work
We have a panel of expert solicitors who know everything about personal law
We can get in touch at a time which is convenient for you