How can we help with motoring offences?
If you’ve been accused of a driving offence, we can advise you on what to do next. We can also help if you’re being interviewed in relation to a road traffic accident or motoring offence. Our wide range of services mean there’s hardly a case our motoring offence solicitors won’t consider.
- Drink or drug driving – If you’re suspected of using a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or narcotics, or have fallen foul of recent drug driving laws, we can help.
- Failure to provide a specimen – Not performing a breath or blood test when asked by police, without a reasonable excuse, can see you accused of driving under the influence.
- Failing to stop – Prison or a large fine could be next if you don’t stop after a road traffic accident. In this situation, you’ll need the type of specialist service we provide.
- Speeding offences – Although a simple way for road users to infringe on the law, the punishments can be significant. Our speeding solicitors will aim to stop you getting a ban or fine.
- Totting up disqualifications – Getting 12 or more points on your driving licence in three years requires a hearing where you might be disqualified from driving. Proper representation here is everything.
- Dangerous driving – We can assist you at a police station should you need to be interviewed by authorities after suspected dangerous driving.
- Careless driving – Charges of driving without due care and attention can be contested by our expert team of solicitors.
- Using a mobile phone – The penalty for using a mobile while at the wheel has increased to six points and a £200 fine. If you've been caught out, we can help.
- Driving without insurance – Whether you’ve misunderstood when your policy became active or allowed someone who wasn’t insured to drive your vehicle, the courts can hand you a hefty penalty.
- Accident offences – Talk to us if you’ve been accused of involvement in a road traffic accident you don’t know about or wasn’t your fault, or need advice because you’re accountable.
- Fatal offences – For an allegation of death by driving, we will provide our most detailed service. Severe punishment isn’t a given with the kind of legal help we provide.
- Document offences – These occur when your driving licence, MOT, tax or insurance isn’t valid, or you can’t produce them when asked. Our lawyers know what to do.
- Commercial vehicle offences – Commercial vehicle offences, such as taxi touting or tampering with a car, van, or lorry’s tachograph – which records driving statistics – require special expertise like ours.
You can contact us for free legal advice about any of the above with no obligation to take on our services. If you do, you won’t need to worry about huge legal bills because we’ll run the cost past you before we do anything.
Why Choose First4lawyers?
What do you need to know about the laws surrounding motoring offences?
Can you take over an existing case?
Yes, in the vast majority of circumstances, we can take over an existing case. Whether you're dissatisfied with your current solicitor, feel as though your case is losing momentum, or simply want a change of direction, it's your right to change law firms, even if you're in the middle of it.
How does First4lawyers select solicitors for its panel?
We screen all solicitors working with us by checking their credentials and qualifications and ensuring that they are in good standing with the Law Society. We pride ourselves on our Standards of Service and, as such, every solicitor on our panel must abide by our high standards.
The facts about Motoring Offences
Need a hand? First4lawyers will:
Review your legal requirements for free
Recommend the most appropriate legal solution based on your personal needs
Give you a competitive quote if any work needs to be paid for
Why Choose First4lawyers?
We provide a friendly, approachable personal law service
We have won numerous awards for our work
We have a panel of expert solicitors who know everything about personal law
We can get in touch at a time which is convenient for you