Business Development Executive
Business Development Executive
The company offices are located in Huddersfield although the role covers the whole of the UK.
Depending on the location of the successful candidate there is flexibility for this role to be home based although there will be a requirement to attend the Company’s offices at least once a week or as otherwise directed by the Company.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director
First4lawyers is thriving organisation, specialising in the full range of legal services underpinned by our background gained in personal injury and clinical and medical negligence law.
Receiving numerous coveted industry awards we have been recognised as the Claims Management Company of the Year in 2012, 2013 and 2015 as well as Claims Management Team of the Year 2015.
We are the UK’s largest independent Claims Management Company and are the third highest participant in our sector by spend.
With a justified reputation for quality, our ethical practices have seen us attract a panel of over 50 law firms containing many of the country’s top 100 practices. We have a clear vision to be the UK’s number one legal services provider.
A great place to work, First4lawyers is also committed to developing our people to deliver a first class service and our proud to hold the Investors in People Gold standard award.
About the role
We are seeking to expand our business development team to continue our record of success and deliver sustained growth and expansion in our panel of law firms. The primary focus of the individual will be to develop our non-personal injury legal services collective with law firms although all opportunities to promote to other markets that the business operates in should be maximised at all times.
Working collaboratively with all partners, stakeholders and colleagues, the key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Management of panel member law firms and external third party suppliers to ensure relationships are maintained and both quality and service standards are met.
- Maintaining a consistent positive message to all firms and other working partners.
- Identifying, exploring and optimising the commercial returns from current and potential new income streams to generate profitable sales.
- Providing reports, management information and data analysis as required by the Company.
- Identifying and recommending new business opportunities with prospect law firms and third party suppliers.
- Helping to develop new opportunities and products for the future.
- Assist with the development of an approved sales strategy and execute this effectively to ensure that the Company meets the objectives of outlined in its business plan.
- Attaining, and wherever possible exceeding, all individual monthly sales targets as agreed by the Company.
- Contributing effectively to ensure that all departmental targets and objectives are achieved on a month to month basis.
- Integrate effectively with marketing to help with the promotion of our services.
- Act as a PR ambassador for the business including attending industry conferences, exhibitions and other such functions as directed by the Company and networking.
- Planning and prioritising your workload to effectively perform the requirements of your role.
- Be a champion for First4Lawyers values.
- Maintain a working knowledge and appreciation of current industry/market and sales trends.
- Provide innovative feedback and suggestions for the continual improvement of the business development function.
About the successful candidate
The successful candidate must demonstrate a record of achievement against the following criteria;
- Should either currently be working in, or have filled within the previous six months of applying, a similar business development role within the legal services industry.
- Able to demonstrate a credible track record of delivering continual growth within a B2B sales role.
- Experience of key account management, specifically identifying, building and maintaining relationships within a customer focused professional services environment.
- Experience of generating own B2B leads.
- Already be working within the legal services industry with a number of long standing and loyal relationships at Senior Partner/Owner level within full legal service law firms.
- Strong professional reputation within the legal services industry.
- Strong sales skills with the ability to effectively convert a high percentage of leads.
- Ability to work to and meet set targets both independently and as part of a sales team.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to effectively prioritise and time manage yourself and your workload.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Able to build professional relationships at all levels.
- I.T literate and familiar with using all Microsoft products and the ability to adapt and learn new systems and software.
- A flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt to new and changing priorities.
Personal behaviours and approach that align with First4lawyers’ values as outlined below;
Quality – We are committed to delivering excellence in everything we do. The quality of our work exceeds expectations.
- You will be driven to deliver, go the extra mile and be open to learning and continual self-development.
Professionalism – At First4lawyers we do what we say. We are knowledgeable, organised and efficient and work hard to ensure we go the extra mile for our clients.
- You will be proactive and do what you say. You will be a role model and able to ‘grasp the nettle’.
Respect – We value and support our clients and our colleagues and treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- You will listen to others and value diversity.
Integrity – We work with the utmost integrity and accountability. Our stated values are reflected in our day to day behaviours. We set the standards in the industry and we do not cold call.
- You will be open and honest, approachable, fair and reasonable.
Client focus – We put the client first. We are passionate about what we do. We are committed to learning about our clients and their businesses so that we can add real value.
- You will value our clients and be able to build effective partnerships.
Team work – At First4lawyers we work as one team to deliver excellent results.
- You will be collaborative in your approach, share ideas and help colleagues to achieve targets and goals.
What happens next?
If you’re interested in this exciting role and can demonstrate the experience, skills and behaviours we’re seeking, please apply now by emailing a copy of your CV along with a covering letter to illustrate how your experience matches what we are looking for to [email protected].