Job vacancy: Digital UX Designer
Title: Digital UX Designer
Salary: £23,000 to £28,000
Location: Normal place of work will be at our company offices in Huddersfield.
About the role: Are you a talented web designer looking for your next challenge? If you are passionate about digital design and are a creative with relevant experience then we have a great opportunity for you.
You will be responsible for maintaining and updating all of our digital spaces. You will also get involved with other design-related projects as the business requires, including the development of email templates, keeping up to date with PCI compliance requirements and creation of additional bespoke landing pages as required. As part of this role, you must have a thorough understanding of UX and how this applies to both desktop users and the mobile experience.
In addition you will support the wider digital marketing strategy by providing support on A/B testing and artwork for digital and social media channels.
You will be forming a key part of our Digital Marketing team and will be reporting to the Online and Digital Acquisition Manager. You will be expected to take ownership for all web design projects. You must have the ability to work form concept through to deployment and have an excellent understanding of how the use of mobile should be implemented as part of all design work.
You will have experience and knowledge about what makes a website work and will understand the importance of design for SEO, Paid Search and other digital marketing channels.
Main duties include:
- Develop leading design concepts and wireframes.
- Improve customer journey and ensure navigation and search is optimized.
- Design and work with developers to implement A/B tests in order to optimise conversion, drive and enhance customer journeys. Develop landing pages, microsites and on-page content to support partnership campaigns, competitions and SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) activities.
- Investigate & troubleshoot design-related website issues, communicating with wider stakeholders in terms of maintenance changes and updates.
- Support the Online and Digital Acquisition Manager with projects to improve the site through implementation of new features and functionality, as well as having input to larger website projects.
- Work closely with colleagues to undertake general website trading and administration tasks such as updates and content changes.
- Utilise data to develop recommendations and strategies for improvements to increase conversion rates.
Key qualifications and attributes of candidates include:
- A good understanding of digital marketing and SEO.
- Up to date knowledge of the latest industry trends and best design practices.
- Passionate about producing stunning web visuals.
- Creative flair for both web and graphic design.
- Strong understanding and experience of responsive design and mobile-first.
- Self-starter and confident at interpreting briefs.
- Ability to take direction and constructive feedback from senior members of the team.
- Highly organized and able to deliver within accurate timescales.
- Photoshop, FTP/SFTP, DNS are all essential.
- HTML, CSS, CMS (ideally Sitecore) are desirable
- Worked to achieve and exceed specific targets and KPIs.
- Experience of working in a KPI-driven environment with clear evidence of how you have achieved and exceeded goals and targets.
Successful candidates will also be able to demonstrate that their personal behaviour and approach matches First4Lawyers’ values as outlined below;
Quality - we are committed to delivering excellence in everything we do. The quality of our work exceeds expectations:
- You will be driven to deliver, go the extra mile and be open to learning and continual self-development.
Professionalism - at First4Lawyers we do what we say. We are knowledgeable, organised and efficient and work hard to ensure we go the extra mile for our clients:
- You will be proactive and do what you say. You will be a role model and able to ‘grasp the nettle’.
Respect - we value and support our clients and colleagues and treat everyone with dignity and respect:
- You will listen to others and value diversity.
Integrity - we work with the utmost integrity and accountability. Our stated values are reflected in our day to day behaviours. We set the standards in the industry and we do not cold call:
- You will be open and honest, approachable, fair and reasonable.
Client focus - we put the client first. We are passionate about what we do. We are committed to learning about our clients and their businesses so that we can add real value:
- You will value our clients and be able to build effective partnerships.
Team work - we work as one team to deliver excellent results:
- You will be collaborative in your approach, share ideas and help colleagues to achieve targets and goals.
First4Lawyers is a thriving organisation, specialising in the full range of legal services, underpinned by our background in personal injury and medical negligence law.
Receiving numerous coveted industry awards we have been recognised as Claims Management Team of the Year 2015 and Marketing Campaign of the Year 2015 as well as Claims Management Company of the Year in 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016.
We are the UK’s largest independent Claims Management Company and our marketing is seen more often than any other legal brand. With a justified reputation for quality, our ethical practices have seen us attract a panel of over 50 law firms containing many of the country’s top 100 practices. We have a clear vision to be the UK’s number one legal services provider.
A great place to work, First4Lawyers is also committed to developing our people to deliver a first class service. We are proud to hold the Investors in People Gold award.
How to apply
If you’re interested in working with us and want to develop your career in an exciting and rewarding environment, please apply by emailing a covering letter and CV, telling us what you will bring to this role. Please mark for the attention of the HR Manager at [email protected]
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, if you haven’t heard from us within four weeks, you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
First4Lawyers is an equal opportunities employer and treats applications solely on merit.