Leave a message

First4Lawyers logofirst4lawyers
  • Mobile navigation
  • 0333 920 8814
  • Request a callback
  • Request a callback
    Not sure what you need? Request a callback
    Full Name *
    Contact Number *
    How Can We Help?
    Best Callback Time?
  • Get in touch
Not sure what you need? Request a callback
Full Name *
Contact Number *
How Can We Help?
Best Callback Time?

Looking to make a claim for an accident in Scotland that wasn’t your fault?

First4Lawyers will find the right Scottish lawyer for you

During the last 18 months, we’ve helped nearly 3,000 people across Scotland with their personal injury claims, helping them get compensation following accidents that weren’t their fault.

We have specialist No Win No Fee solicitors based in all the major towns and cities in Scotland, including Edinburgh, Glasgow, Perth, Dundee, Arbroath, and St Andrews, to name but a few.

If you think you have grounds for a claim, our compensation calculator can give you an initial idea of how much could be awarded in your favour. Should you want to talk to us about actually seeking compensation, you can fill out our claims form and one of our Scottish lawyers will be in touch to listen to your situation and talk about the next steps.

Not sure what you need? Request a callback
Full Name *
Contact Number *
How Can We Help?
Best Callback Time?

Why choose First4Lawyers?

Tick Icon

We work on a no win no fee basis in Scotland, which means there’s no risk when making a personal injury claim

icon in the shape of a man

Your claim will be handled by a Scotland-based solicitor who understands your situation and is an expert in your type of accident.

Badge Icon

We have been awarded Personal Injury Claims Firm of the Year in 2012, 2013, and 2015.

icon in the shape of a man

Our team of specialist solicitors are here to give you the expert legal advice you need.

People really rate our service
We have a five-star score on Trustpilot

*Based on over 3,500 reviews received by the end of March 2018 - Read our reviews

Common questions

How long will the claim process take?

Every case is different, so it’s very difficult to say at the early stages of your claim how long the process is likely to take. We deal with different types of claims in Scotland, from accidents at work to whiplash injuries, so there are many different factors which contribute to the length of each and every claim.

Can I be compensated for losses other than personal injury?

Yes. Loss of income and taxi fares paid to get you around can be compensated for to some extent, not to mention any prescription medicine paid for.

How do I make a personal injury claim?

No matter what injury you have sustained, First4Lawyers are here for you. You can either start your claim straight away using our claims form or request a callback at the top of the page. You can also visit our FAQs page.

If your question is not answered above:

Take a closer look at the types of personal injury claims we have helped people with in Scotland

If you’re thinking about making a personal injury claim in Scotland, take a look at the types of claims we have helped people with over the last 18 months.

Just over one in three claims in Scotland come from the major cities of Glasgow and Edinburgh, but with personal injury specialists in various locations right across the country, you can rest assured that a local solicitor will be handling your case.

Plaster Icon

Accident At Work

One in five claims in Scotland is related to an accident in the workplace. Glasgow saw the highest number, but Inverness had the highest percentage of claims compared to the overall number of claims. Despite many improvements to safety in the workplace, we have still seen the amount of claims because of accidents at work rise by 15% over the last 12 months.

Car Crash Icon

Road Traffic Accidents

Glasgow has seen twice as many claims for road traffic accidents than anywhere else in Scotland. One quarter of all claims received by First4Lawyers in Scotland are traffic related, and we’ve seen a 10% increase in the number of people seeking support for car accidents in Scotland over the last 12 months.

Heart Beat Icon

Slips Trips and Falls

One in three claims in Scotland have been for slips, trips or falls, be it inadequate paving or a spillage in a supermarket. Glasgow and Edinburgh are the most hazardous places for these types of incidents in Scotland and account for 30% of all no win no fee claims.

House Icon

Industrial disease

Scotland’s history of heavy industry, particularly ship building and textiles, means many former workers are suffering industrial diseases in their old age. Noise-induced hearing loss, vibration white finger and breathing-related diseases are just a few of the many hundreds of claims we help with every year.

Want to know more about personal injury claims in Scotland?

Local organisations

City of Edinburgh Council

If you need free and impartial advice, then you can opt to talk to your local council in Scotland. They’ll speak to you about subjects which relate to topics under their control. Call them to arrange an appointment on 0131 200 2000 or head to:

Edinburgh Council, 253 High Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1YJ.

Glasgow City

If you need to take issue with any local areas which the council is responsible for, then you can make an appointment to discuss it. It could be that you’ve tripped on a poorly-maintained pavement, for example, or had an accident in a park. Call them on 0141 287 2000 or go to:

Glasgow City Council, City Chambers, George Square, Glasgow G2 1DU.

Aberdeen City Council

Need to report an issue in the Aberdeen city area? Anything from poorly maintained roads to trouble with dangerous stray dogs, you can get in touch with the council directly. Contact them by phone on 08456 080910. Alternatively, visit in person:

Aberdeen City Council, Ground Floor, Marischal College, Broad Street, Aberdeen, AB10 1AB.


If you need to report a crime in Scotland in an emergency, you should always look to call 999. However, if you need to make a report in a non-emergency situation and you live, you can opt to call 101 or head over in person to:

Dundee Police, West Bell Street, Dundee, DD1 9JU.


If you need to take issue with any of your local healthcare bodies in Scotland such as a doctor’s surgery or hospital, you can speak to your nearest branch of the NHS. If you’re in Aberdeen, call them on 0845 456 6000 or visit:

NHS Grampian, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, AB24 2ZN.

Glasgow Citizens Advice Bureau

Offering a wide variety of topics which you can receive advice on, your CAB is there when you need to chat to an impartial and clued-up professional in Glasgow. Call them on 0141 552 5556 or visit:

Glasgow Citizens Advice Bureau, 88 Bell Street, 1st Floor, Glasgow, G1 1LQ.

Forfar Sheriff Court and Justice of the Peace Court

If you’re a witness to a crime in Arbroath, you may need to appear in court. Therefore it’s handy to know where to head to if you’re ever in a situation which requires you to be present during a case. Call them on 0141 887 5291 or visit:

Forfar Sheriff Court and Justice of the Peace Court, Sheriff Court House, Market Street, Forfar, DD8 3LA.

Perth Citizens Advice Bureau

If you’re local to Perth and need independent and free advice on an issue you’re facing, the Perth CAB can be of help. Call them on 01738 450580 to arrange an appointment, or go to:

Perth Citizens Advice Bureau, 7 Atholl Crescent, Perth, PHI 5NG.

Get in touch today - we can help with your claim

Not sure what you need? Request a callback
Full Name *
Contact Number *
How Can We Help?
Best Callback Time?