What is the Court of Protection?
The Court Of Protection is a supreme court that helps organise the affairs, money and assets of people who don’t have the mental capacity to do it themselves. That can mean complicated processes and applications. We’ll arrange a specialist solicitor to work with you.
- Deputyship role, duties and common issues – The will of a person with a lowered mental capacity can get very tricky if, say, they have assets abroad. We’ll liaise with the Court of Protection to sort everything.
- Litigation support statements – You may have to provide documents to verify or contest things relating to Court of Protection areas, such as deputyship. Our solicitors can do all the heavy lifting.
- Wills and mental capacity – Should a person making or changing a will not be able to understand the nature and purpose of it we can help you arrange for the Court of Protection to do it.
- Welfare deputy – We understand the processes behind becoming the welfare deputy for someone who isn’t of sound mind to ensure decisions can be made about medical treatment, housing and so on.
- NHS continuing healthcare – Complex, long-term health needs might require continuing healthcare provided by the NHS. We can advise whether there are any legal considerations.
Use our Request a Callback form at the top of this page and one of our experts will be in touch at a time to suit you.
Why Choose First4Lawyers?
What do you need to know about the Court of Protection?
Can you take over an existing case?
Yes, in the vast majority of circumstances, we can take over an existing case. Whether you're dissatisfied with your current solicitor, feel as though your case is losing momentum, or simply want a change of direction, it's your right to change law firms, even if you're in the middle of it.
The facts about the Court of Protection
Need a hand? First4Lawyers will:
Recommend the most appropriate legal solution based on your personal needs
Give you a competitive quote if any work needs to be paid for
Connect you with a pre-vetted solicitor working to our 36 point customer service charter
Why choose First4Lawyers?
We provide friendly, approachable personal legal services
We have won numerous awards for our work
We have a panel of expert solicitors who are specialists in personal law
We can get in touch at a time that's convenient for you