Employment law for employees
Employment law is there to protect you and, where necessary provide ways for you to take legal action if you feel you’ve been wronged at a place of work. Whether through harassment, discrimination or a dispute over a contract or bonus, our team of employment law specialists are on hand to give you the help and advice you need.
Applying the law against a current or former employer can seem intimidating and stressful, but with First4Lawyers you couldn’t be in better hands.
Issues we deal with include:
- Bonus disputes – If you feel that your guaranteed or discretionary bonus wasn’t what you deserved, we can advise on what you might be able to do.
- Bullying and harassment at work – You don’t have to stand for racial prejudice, sexual advances, or even ridicule at your place of employment. You could take action against a colleague or company.
- Compromise agreements – If you and an employer have mutually agreed to end the employment through a compromise agreement, we can negotiate compensation and terms and conditions on your behalf.
- Constructive dismissal – Has an employer appeared to do everything in their power to force your resignation? If so, we might be able to help you claim compensation.
- Contract disputes – Arguments over what exactly a contract states and allows can become overwhelmingly complicated very quickly. We can match you with an employment law solicitor.
- Discrimination at work – If you think you’ve been treated unfairly because of things like age, race, sexuality, religion, disability or gender, we might be able to fight for compensation.
- Employment tribunals – If you need legal advice or representation at a hearing to settle a dispute relating to employment law, we can do it.
- Redundancy – Although redundancy is sometimes necessary, it’s not always done lawfully. We can advise you on whether you have a case against a previous employer.
- Restrictive covenants – These are contract clauses that prevent former employees doing things like poaching old colleagues or clients. Should you want to challenge one, we can help.
- Unfair dismissal – If you think you’ve been unlawfully sacked from a position, our experts can advise if you have, whether you’re entitled to compensation and, if so, how much.
- Wrongful dismissal – Being relieved of your position might have been in breach of your contract. We have solicitors who specialise in the area.
You can contact us for a no-obligation chat, or just click/tap the Request a Callback form at the top of the page. One of our team will ring you to discuss the problem and let you know if you have a case.
Why Choose First4Lawyers?
What do you need to know about employment law cases?
Can I choose my own solicitor?
Even if you call us for advice about your case, you can still be represented by a solictor of your choice. When you work with a solicitor from our panel, you can be assured that they have the necessary skills and experience to bring your case to a successful resolution.
The facts about employment law
Between 2011 and 2012, successful racial discrimination cases at employment tribunals received compensation of £102,259 on average.
(Source: Ministry of Justice)
Between all the unfair dismissal cases that received compensation between 2011 and 2012, the average amount awarded was £9,133.
(Source: Ministry of Justice)
Need a hand? First4Lawyers will:
Review your legal requirements for free
Recommend the most appropriate legal solution based on your personal needs
Give you a competitive quote if any work needs to be paid for
Why choose First4Lawyers?
We provide friendly, approachable personal legal services
We have won numerous awards for our work
We have a panel of expert solicitors who are specialists in personal law
We can get in touch at a time that's convenient for you