What are wills and probates, and what is estate planning?
A will is a record of how you want your assets to be divided after you pass away, and being granted probate means you can deal with a deceased person’s holdings.
Estate planning involves an individual arranging what will happen with their assets before they die, especially with a view to reducing things like inheritance tax. We can help you find peace of mind with all three and more.
- Probate and estate administration – If a loved one didn’t leave a will or name an executor, you might want to get a probate to become the administrator of their estate. Understand how with the help of our wills and probate solicitors.
- Disputed probate – Want to contest someone excluding you from their will, or believe they might not have been in a fit mental state when they wrote it? Use our straightforward legal advice.
- Estate and inheritance tax planning – We’ll guide you on fair, legitimate methods to mitigate inheritance or capital gains tax if you want to give money to your family during or after your lifetime.
- Living wills – We can help you draw up a living will, or ‘advance decision’. This allows you to refuse particular treatment if you become ill and can’t make the decision yourself.
- Making a will – Even though writing a proper will is critically important, we apply our ethos of simplicity and clarity so you leave exactly what you want to who you want.
- Power of attorney – Should you lose your ability to make decisions, your money and assets could be taken care of if you’ve set up a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA). We can help.
- Trusts – Trying to lessen the tax hit on the inheritance you leave by using a trust could mean you pay extra tax if done incorrectly. We’ll talk you through it all.
We’re able to give you a free initial consultation regarding any legal matter above. Requesting a call back will ensure that one of our legal specialists gets in touch at a time to suit you in order to talk through your situation with no obligation to you.
Why Choose First4Lawyers?
What do you need to know about wills, probate and estate planning?
Can I choose my own solicitor?
Even if you call us for advice about your case, you can still be represented by a solictor of your choice. When you work with a solicitor from our panel, you can be assured that they have the necessary skills and experience to bring your case to a successful resolution.
Can you take over an existing case?
Yes, in the vast majority of circumstances, we can take over an existing case. Whether you're dissatisfied with your current solicitor, feel as though your case is losing momentum, or simply want a change of direction, it's your right to change law firms, even if you're in the middle of it.
The facts about wills, probate and estate planning
Need a hand? First4Lawyers will:
Review your legal requirements for free
Recommend the most appropriate legal solution based on your personal needs
Give you a competitive quote if any work needs to be paid for
Why Choose First4Lawyers?
We provide a friendly, approachable personal law service
We have won numerous awards for our work
We have a panel of expert solicitors who know everything about personal law
We can get in touch at a time which is convenient for you