With Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice poised to cause some serious damage at the global box office, we thought it would be fun to pit the Caped Crusader against the Man of Steel and find out which of the two is the most reckless – based on their last four movies!*
Armed with notepads, pens and a big bowl of popcorn, the First4Lawyers legal team assessed the physical and collateral damage caused by the superhero heavyweights, and the results are in.
It’s time for Batman and Superman to go head to head in… The Justice Legal Battle.
Personal injury & Distress
Whilst the Man of Steel doesn’t so much as harm a fly in Superman Returns, he more than makes up for it in Man of Steel, and gives General Zod and co. a much needed dose of KAPOW!
The Caped Crusader isn’t afraid to pull a few punches and cause some serious GBH either. Their lawyers must have their work cut out with these stats…
- 86 x punches landed
- 33 x kicks
- 1 x face smash
- 1 x head butt
- 1 x villain pushed off balcony
- 7 x post-traumatic stress victims
- 4 x punches landed
- 2 x body slams
- 2 x bad guys lasered in the face!
Whilst Superman doesn’t need a car, preferring to fly solo through the skies in his spandex pants, he has damaged the odd vehicle during battle, and was partly responsible for the destruction of Metropolis.
With Batman tearing up Gotham City like it’s a demolition derby on a regular basis, the billionaire playboy has dished out a fair amount of damage to his home city. TO THE BATMOBILE!
- 2 x trucks written off
- 2 x smashed cars
- 12 x broken wing mirrors
- 1 x medium building destroyed
- 2 x large buildings destroyed
- 1 x count of arson
- 3 x written-off articulated lorries
- 1 x FBI surveillance camera destroyed
- 7 x skyscrapers damaged/destroyed
- 1 x damage to Town Hall
- 5 x various other buildings damaged
Being a superhero is all about bringing the enemy to justice and handing them to the authorities relatively unscathed. At least, most of the time.
Yes, there are occasions when a few kicks and punches simply won’t do and death is the only option for the good of mankind…
- 1 x fatality (Harvey Dent)
- 1 x fatality (General Zod)
From spying and bribery to animal cruelty and breaching immigration laws, these DC Comics titans have caused a huge amount of unquantifiable damage over the years!
- Bribes a ballet company
- Cruelty to dogs
- Illegal entry to China
- Hacks government database
- Lands a plane on a baseball pitch, ruining the game
- Flying without a licence
- Spies on Lois Lane at home
- Arrives from Krypton unannounced, breaching immigration law
Love is tough when you’re a superhero. Real tough.
Both of our heroes have been left weeping into their cloaks due to women-related woes. You can’t put a price on a broken heart, but, who is the biggest heartbreaker?
- A big fat zero. Instead, Batman is heartbroken by the death of Rachel, who was apparently planning to marry Harvey Dent anyway. Harsh.
- Breaks Lois Lane’s heart by disappearing for five years, only to return to find her married with child. Ouch. Talk about karma.
Whilst Gotham City’s vigilante bad boy may be reckless by nature, Batman’s total damage cost pales in comparison to Superman, whose eye-watering final legal bill may force Clark Kent into taking on some serious overtime at The Daily Planet! #TheJusticeLegalBattle