Compensation claims against the Council

If you’ve been injured due to the Council’s negligence, you may have a compensation claim. Talk to First4Lawyers to find out.

Request a Callback

Request a callback from us at a time that is convenient to you or call us 24/7 on 08005677866

People are injured each year in slips, trips or falls caused by uneven pavements, potholes, poorly maintained surfaces, and falls in public places. Local authorities have a duty to maintain the buildings, roads and areas for which they are responsible.

What are claims against the Council?

If the Council has been negligent and that has caused you harm, you may have a claim for personal injury compensation.

You will need to be able to prove that the accident happened and your injuries were a direct result of a failure in the Council’s duty of care to the public.

How can First4Lawyers help?

We are specialists in No Win No Fee* personal injury claims. Our solicitors are here to support you in building a case that will get you the maximum compensation – whether it’s an out of court settlement or something that needs to proceed to the courts.

About No Win No Fee

Only pay a fee if you receive compensation

Where we offer No Win No Fee services typically customers pay 25% of the amount recovered by our solicitors, although this will be subject to your individual circumstances and the actual fee may be less than this but it will never be more. Success fees are common practice and they were introduced when the law changed in April 2013.

We are here to do all the legal legwork, so you don’t have to. That way you can relax and focus on recovering from your ordeal.

More about making a claim

How much compensation will I receive?

It depends on your injury and how severe it is. Our compensation calculator gives an idea of the amounts you could be awarded, but a chat with our legal advisors will give you advice tailored to your individual circumstances.

Is there a time limit for making a claim against the Council?

There is usually a three-year period from the date of the accident.

I think I have a claim, what do I do next?

Make sure you get medical treatment for your injury. This will make sure the accident is in your medical records.

You should ensure you keep photos and written details of the accident, including the date, location and any witnesses. Don’t worry if you’re not sure about what to do – our solicitors will help you with that as part of the claims process.

Then just get in touch with us for a free consultation. We’ll ask you about your situation and help you work out what your options are.

Meet the expert

Meet Jax
Jacqueline Batty

Jacqueline Batty

Head of Claims

Jacqueline is our head of claims.
She is a qualified solicitor and has practised as a specialist in personal injury cases. A recent addition to our team, Jacqueline has moved to a managerial and coaching role with us, where she is keen to continue the team's training and development to ensure every customer continues to get a first class service.

Get in touch today - we can help with your claim 08005677866