Claims for accidents in public places

If you’ve been injured in a public place, you may have a public liability claim. First4Lawyers can help.

Request a Callback

Request a callback from us at a time that is convenient to you or call us 24/7 on 0808 159 7599 08005677866

When can you make a public places injury claim?

Public places can often get very busy, and crowded areas can become hazardous if they are not well organised.

Businesses, councils and public bodies have a duty of care to ensure the safety of members of public attending their premises.  

If they don’t and you are injured as a result – possibly after a slip, trip or fall – you may be able to make a public liability claim. All businesses and organisations in the UK are required to have public liability insurance to cover personal injury claims. 

This applies to spaces like:

  • Parks
  • Playgrounds
  • Gyms and leisure centres
  • Beaches
  • Restaurants
  • Concert venues
  • Theatres and cinemas
  • Public car parks
  • Supermarkets

How can First4Lawyers help?

We have years of experience with public liability claims and will work with you to establish what happened and who was at fault, before building a case.

Our solicitors pursue the claim, including representing you at court if it goes that far. We also offer No Win No Fee* for personal injury cases.

About No Win No Fee

Only pay a fee if you receive compensation

Where we offer No Win No Fee services typically customers pay 25% of the amount recovered by our solicitors, although this will be subject to your individual circumstances and the actual fee may be less than this but it will never be more. Success fees are common practice and they were introduced when the law changed in April 2013.

How much compensation will I receive for a public liability claim?

That very much depends on your injury and how severe it is. Our compensation calculator gives an idea of the amounts you could be awarded, but a chat with our legal advisors will give you advice tailored to your individual circumstances.

Is there a time limit for making a claim?

There is usually a three-year period, from the date the accident occurred.

I think I have a claim, what do I do next?

Get in touch with us for a free consultation. We’ll ask you about your situation and advise you of your options.

It’s a good idea to have details of the accident, such as any photos of what caused the accident. Witnesses are also extremely useful in helping us to prove the case. We will, of course, also need dates, location and details of your injury.

You will need to seek medical attention for treatment and to make sure the injuries are noted in your medical records.

Meet the expert

Meet Jax
Jacqueline Batty

Jacqueline Batty

Head of Claims

Jacqueline is our head of claims.
She is a qualified solicitor and has practised as a specialist in personal injury cases. A recent addition to our team, Jacqueline has moved to a managerial and coaching role with us, where she is keen to continue the team's training and development to ensure every customer continues to get a first class service.

Get in touch today - we can help with your claim 08005677866