How can our employment law specialists help you and your business?
Employment law covers all the legal nooks and crannies when it comes to the interplay between employees, employers, the government and any stakeholders. It’s a complex area, but one we excel in servicing.
- Business transfer and outsourcing – We can make sure transferring employees between organisations, or moving parts of a company’s operations to another provider, is done in an above-board manner.
- Compromise or settlement agreements – These are when an employer and employee both sign a contract to agree not to pursue a claim for breach of contract. Legal advice is a necessity here.
- Contracts, policies and procedures – An essential part of office life, drawing them all up will have a significant legal element. Our employment law solicitors can explain how to make sure everything is right.
- Discrimination – Any business found to be treating someone unfairly due to their race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs could be left facing a serious compensation claim.
- Employment tribunals – Trying to avoid having to pay out if you get taken to an employment tribunal is a must, especially if your business is struggling financially. Speak to us.
- Family-friendly legislation – With our advice, you can draw up legal documents detailing how you can allow for workers with families to work hours that are suited to their needs.
- Flexible working – Anyone working for the same employer for at least six months can ask for flexible hours. If you need to know more, feel free to come to us for advice.
- In-house training – In-house training is a legal requirement in many industries. We will offer you advice wherever you need it for putting training in place.
- Injunctions – These can be taken out against employees, but only in certain circumstances. We can help you understand this complicated process.
- Managing redundancies – The right amount of payment should be given to those being made redundant. We’re on hand to explain how this works.
- Recruitment support – Through talking to one of our specialist solicitors, you can find out how to go about finding the right recruits without breaking the rules.
- Service agreements – These are binding in that, if they are broken, either you or the client/employee may have to pay up. We will explain how these work if you’re unsure.
- Unfair dismissal – If an employee whose contract has been recently terminated makes a claim for unfair dismissal, our solicitors can offer advice on what you can do as an employer.
- Human resource (HR) support – If you’re finding administration a struggle, you can call upon our services to make HR tick for your business.
There are so many subjects within the sphere of employment law that keeping tabs on them all can be too much, if you’re not entrenched in the area like our legal experts. They’re happy to take you through anything you’re having trouble understanding. Just use our Request a Callback form at the top of the screen.
Why Choose First4Lawyers?
What do you need to know about employment law cases?
Can I choose my own solicitor?
Even if you call us for advice about your case, you can still be represented by a solictor of your choice. When you work with a solicitor from our panel, you can be assured that they have the necessary skills and experience to bring your case to a successful resolution.
How does First4Lawyers select solicitors for its panel?
We screen all solicitors working with us by checking their credentials and qualifications and ensuring that they are in good standing with the Law Society. We pride ourselves on our Standards of Service and, as such, every solicitor on our panel must abide by them.
Need a hand? First4Lawyers will:
Recommend the most appropriate legal solution based on your personal needs
Give you a competitive quote if any work needs to be paid for
Connect you with a pre-vetted solicitor working to our 36 point customer service charter
Why choose First4Lawyers?
We provide a fast, efficient business law service
We have won numerous awards for our work
We have a panel of solicitors who are experts in their areas
We can get in touch at a time that's convenient for you
How to guides
Meet The Expert
Head of Marketing at First4Lawyers@First4Lawyers
Andy is responsible for making sure our customers have a positive and successful experience, while promoting our wide range of legal expertise, including personal injury and medical negligence. He and his team ensure our digital services offer the best guidance and advice to help you easily identify your options and take them forward.