What is intellectual property?
Intellectual property, otherwise known as IP, covers creations of the mind such as: music, artwork and literature, which are attached to patent and copyright protections.
- Hi-tech - Intellectual property includes things like computer programs and devices. If either your products or ideas have been replicated without your permission, we can do something about it.
- Music - They say that there’s no such thing as original music, but that’s no excuse for plagiarism. Likewise, reproducing a song when you don’t own the copyright is against the law. In either situation, we can help.
- Design and fashions - The clothes you wear were thought up by someone and, as such the concepts are subject to intellectual property law.
- Copyright - This encompasses anything and everything that could be reproduced or republished without permission, from images to the written word. Understand your rights with the help of our intellectual property solicitors.
- Designs - Things like artwork and product plans, whether physical or digital, are generally either owned by the creator or their employer. Know your rights with our help.
- New media and media - Whether it’s an intellectual property issue regarding something like books or streaming media, or something completely different like smartphone apps, there are ways we can help.
- Domain names - Web addresses themselves can be copyrighted in some countries if they’re distinctive enough. If you want to protect your URL or are concerned you’ve infringed on someone else’s, feel free to get in touch.
- IP management - If you believe your intellectual property has been mismanaged, you can take action to try and rectify and reduce the damage done. Get in touch to find out how we can help.
- Patents - A patent is something that allows the right to exclude other people from making a certain product, such as a steam cleaner, for a limited period of time. If you think someone has breached a patent owned by you, it’s worth finding out if you can take legal action.
- Trademarks - These are used to protect company or product names to prevent other people from profiting from intellectual property that isn’t their own. We can help pursue trademark infringements.
- Technology law - Wireless, mobile, software and so much more all falls under the umbrella of technology law. You can get our expert legal advice for any query you might have on the matter.
Why Choose First4lawyers?
What do you need to know about intellectual property?
Will my details be kept confidential?
Yes, any information you provide us with will be kept confidential. The only people who will have access to any of the details you give us are our solicitors, all of whom are pre-screened.
Can I call you for free advice?
Yes. Our team of experts are more than happy to help and will answer any questions you may have. You can call us free on 0808 115 5030 (0333 577 8866 for mobiles), 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The facts about intellectual property
How can First4lawyers help you?
Review your legal requirements for free
Recommend the most appropriate legal solution based on your personal needs
Give you a competitive quote if any work needs to be paid for
Why trust First4lawyers?
Each year, we help people through intellectual property disputes
We have won numerous awards for our work
We have a panel of solicitors who are experts in their areas
We can get in touch at a time which is convenient for you
How to guides
Meet The Expert
Senior Marketing Professional at First4lawyers@First4Lawyers
Andrew is in charge of making sure that customer service for all our clients is as high as it can be. Aside from that, he also manages the First4lawyers website, ensuring that it’s as informative as it can be for anyone unsure about how to make a claim.