Dental Negligence Claims

If you have suffered preventable pain or illness as a result of substandard dental care, then talk to First4Lawyers about how our No Win No Fee dental negligence solicitors can help you.


Fill in our simple form and get a call back at a time to suit you.
Alternatively our team are on hand 24/7 to discuss your case.
You can call them on:
0800 567 7866

What is dental negligence?

A visit to the dentist is already a stressful event for many people. But if you receive poor dental treatment, leaving you with pain or suffering, it can turn into a very distressing experience. Our medical and dental solicitors work on your behalf to get you compensation for any negligence you may have experienced.

Dental negligence or misdiagnosis can include:

•   Damage to teeth

•   Poor restorative dentistry

•   Dental nerve damage

•   Periodontal disease

•   Substandard root canal work

•   Teeth whitening or gum damage

•   Poor bridge work

•   Substandard dental implants

•   Cosmetic dentistry negligence

How much can I claim?

Compensation for a dental negligence claim very much depends on your individual circumstances. Our specialist legal advisors will chat through your specific case and outline your options. You might also like to get an idea of similar claims amounts, using our compensation calculator.

To give you a broad idea, serious damage or loss of a front tooth could be awarded between £1,930 and £3,460; whereas significant chronic tooth pain and deterioration over a number of years could see compensation of up to £33,430.

But it really will depend on your specific experiences, so get in touch for a no-obligation chat.

How long do I have to make a dental claim?

Generally speaking, medical negligence claims have to be made within three years of receiving substandard treatment, or becoming aware of it. There are a few exceptions though, so it's always best to discuss your particular case with one of our advisers, and find out what options you have.

I've been a victim of dental negligence, what should I do?

Firstly, keep a record of your experiences so that you can give us a clear idea of what has happened. Then either call us, or request a callback using the buttons at the top of the screen. Or start your dental claim here and we'll be in touch.

If you have concerns about an NHS treatment or service you’ve experienced, you can file a letter of complaint. This includes treatment funded by the NHS at a private hospital.

A letter of complaint isn’t the same as making a medical negligence claim, but it could be used as part of your case if you want to claim.


It seems you are using an outdated browser.

This will impair your browsing experience around the web. Please visit one of the links below to update to a modern browser then re-open the site with the new browser.

Thank you


Can't find what you are looking for?

We are open as normal during the Coronavirus lockdown and are able to help with all your legal needs.

Call us free of charge

0800 567 7866

Request a Callback

Continue browsing