Accidents as a Carer Claims

If you’ve been injured during your job as a care worker, we may be able to help you claim compensation.


Fill in our simple form and get a call back at a time to suit you.
Alternatively our team are on hand 24/7 to discuss your case.
You can call them on:
0800 567 7866

The role of a care worker can be tough and is often quite stressful. But in caring for others you can sometimes injure yourself, especially if you are visiting unfamiliar environments or homes.

What is a care worker?

A professional carer is someone who is paid to provide care and support either at home or in a residence outside of a hospital.

It might involve duties such as showering, dressing and feeding someone.  It could be providing nursing or first aid and other medical tasks such as giving injections or changing a catheter.

Or it might be providing care for people with mental or physical disabilities.

Professional carer roles tend to be classed as care workers and tend to be:

  • Care assistant in a residential home
  • Nursing home assistant
  • Personal care assistant
  • Home care assistant
  • Care for the elderly
  • Attendant care worker
  • Disability support worker
  • Live-in carers
  • Dementia care

Why make a care assistant injury claim?

Your employer has a duty of care towards you and if your accident happened because they failed to protect you, then they may be liable.

If you have been injured and needed time off work to recover, you will probably not be paid.  That, coupled with the worry over the people you are caring for, can make it a very stressful time.

Making a claim can take off the pressure on you, meaning you can recover without the worry over financial pressures and responsibilities. More about making a claim

How can First4Lawyers help?

Our accident at work specialists are here to listen to your situation and advise you of your options.  Chat to us for free and with no obligation to take it any further unless you want to.

If you do decide to proceed, a solicitor will construct your case to help you achieve maximum compensation.  We also offer a No Win No Fee* service.

Only pay a fee if you receive compensation

Where we offer No Win No Fee services typically customers pay 25% of the amount recovered by our solicitors, although this will be subject to your individual circumstances and the actual fee may be less than this but it will never be more. Success fees are common practice and they were introduced when the law changed in April 2013.

First4Lawyers are an award winning claims management company with a track record of delivering service that our clients love.

How much compensation will I receive for a carer’s claim?

That very much depends on your injury and how severe it is. Our compensation calculator gives an idea of the amounts you could be awarded, but a chat with our legal advisors will give you advice tailored to your individual circumstances.

Is there a time limit for making a claim?

There is usually a three-year period, from the date of the accident.

I think I have a claim, what do I do next?

Make sure you seek medical treatment and anything that will aid your recovery. 

Keep notes about what happened, dates, your injury and treatments etc. and this will help us to give you the best advice.

Then just give us a call and we will see how we can help.  It’s that easy!


It seems you are using an outdated browser.

This will impair your browsing experience around the web. Please visit one of the links below to update to a modern browser then re-open the site with the new browser.

Thank you


Can't find what you are looking for?

We are open as normal during the Coronavirus lockdown and are able to help with all your legal needs.

Call us free of charge

0800 567 7866

Request a Callback

Continue browsing